The Young Concrete Researchers, Engineers and Technologist Symposium (YCRETS) aims to create a platform to bring together young individuals who work on the development, design and application of concrete and cementitious based materials, in Southern Africa.
The symposium aspires to:
- Establish Southern Africa as a place of cutting edge research, innovation and engineering excellence in concrete materials and engineering.
- Promote young researchers, engineers and technologists as the future leaders in the concrete engineering and construction industry.
- Foster research collaborations between the different academic institutions and industry across Southern Africa.
The symposium is open to presenters who are 35 years and younger and who either:
- are research scholars (pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies) or members of academia
- are architects, individuals from a construction management background, or any other fields of work directly/indirectly associated with concrete and concrete construction
- are engineers or technologists practicing in the industry