The Cement & Concrete SA Inland Committee hosted a fun networking event on 7 April 2022 at the Rivonia Recreation Club where just under 60 industry friends took part in lawn bowls.
It was a sunny day, setting the ambiance for a relaxing yet spirited day. The teams were enthusiastic and grabbed the opportunity to not only build & strengthen relationships within the industry but also to do some team building within their groups. After our vice-Chair, Jaco Du Plessis explained the rules, the teams commenced the first round followed by a scrumptious lunch and play-offs.
PMSA was our overall winner for the day, but to determine the 2nd place winner between the tying runner-up teams, a lucky draw was held.
The results are as follows:
- Overall winners: PMSA (wine sponsored by Go-Consult)
- UJ Team draw 2nd place: UJ Team (wine sponsored by Go- Consult)
- Longest day: AfriSam team (Water sponsored by CCSA)
- Most Spirit individual: Candice Grose of Kwikbulk (prize sponsored by Chryso SAF)
- Closest to the jack: Matthew Kilmister of Quantum Ready Mix
A big thank you to AfriSam for sponsoring and contributing to the atmosphere and success of the day.